Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello!

I thought I'd start this blog as a way to help my friend, "Thelma" and me, "Louise" try to lose some weight. I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a more positive title but I'm trying to keep it real here. I'm using the names Thelma and Louise because me and Thelma are good friends like in the movie, we like road trips like in the movie but I haven't had a fling with Brad Pitt so that's where the comparison ends.

Anyway, I thought we could use this post to blog about our thoughts on dieting, recipes, weekly menu ideas, products we like or don't like, etc. Oh yeah and our progress.

A little about me. I'm a stay at home mom with five lovely little kiddies and a hunky hubby. I just read recently that around the age of 40, most women's metabolism comes to a screeching halt. Additionally, they become more glucose intolerant so that means all those carbs you eat go right to the belly. That couldn't describe me better if the article said, "Hey you, Louise! This is why you can't eat all them cookies anymore!" So my weaknesses are ice cream, lattes and any junk food. Also the fact that I hardly eat any fruits or veggies. Wish me luck.

Since I am her good friend, I will be kind and let Thelma write her own bio. As soon as she knows this blog exists.

No comments: