Wednesday, June 25, 2008

fruits & veggies

So Louise commented that on Sunday she had a hard time staying away from yummy lemon bars. Since I, Thelma, don't like lemon as a general rule, they weren't hard for me to stay away from. I made a veggie platter to take to the cook out, figuring I'd have veggies to eat the rest of the week. Well, yesterday, was not a great day, so my friends & I indulged in a tub (14oz) of chocolate covered pretzels. At least I had help & didn't eat the entire thing myself. I find that on days it is rough, if I have junk food in the house I will eat inhale it. Okay, let's face it, regardless of what kind of day it is, if there's junk food in the house, I'll inhale it. I can't completely get rid of it, because the husband likes it for his lunch. So now we come back to the issue of self-control. I've been trying to have healthier things in the house, like homemade cookies, etc. I've also been trying to cut coffee out. Today my head is killing me, but can't tell if it's lack of caffeine or just a sore/stiff neck. So back to the veggies & fruits. I love fruit, that I could eat all day long! But as with anything, there are drawbacks to that as well. I have eaten a lot of blueberries & veggies in the last few days, oh & strawberries.

No comments: