Friday, June 13, 2008

hello as well

Thelma here. I am also a stay at home mom, but of beautiful identical twin daughters, who recently turned 3. I'm not exactly sure where Louise read that at around 40 women's metabolisms come to a screeching halt, but I know for me growing up I was always petite; until I hit about 25. At 25, my metabolism started slowing down, by age 30, mine came to that screeching halt. So having twins later in life, well, I've lost all my baby weight(by my 6 wk. check up I might add)& gained it back & then some. Our good friend, Steve, who recently became a black belt said he is in the best shape of his life. Sadly, Steve is only 2 months older than me & I am in the worst shape of my life. Part of my problem is lack of discipline- I like to eat, especially junk food & chocolate. So hopefully Louise is right, maybe no, I'm going to be positive here, this will encourage both of us to shed the unwanted pounds we have & be accountable to each other. I know I'm not very good at being accountable with my hubby. Who is quite wonderful, I might add. On that note, I need to go get my girls dressed so we can BICYCLE to the post office. Yes, you read that right, I'm going to exercise & save money at the same time.
Let me leave you with this scripture though as to why God's dwelling place should be less flabby.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV
16Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
Here is the Message version:
You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you? No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred - and you, remember, are the temple. (italics theirs)

No comments: