Saturday, June 14, 2008

diet is a 4 letter word

Is it really all about dieting? Or is it more about self discipline, self control (are those synonymous?) & a life style change? Change is not an easy thing. Some of us deal with it better than others, while change throws some of us into a complete tail spin. I don't always like change, but I can do okay with it. It is definitely easier to deal with if you have some one to support, encourage & cheer you on.
So how does one go about getting rid of the junk food, sweets, chips, etc. that our bodies desire? Is it really desire? Or simply we like to eat these things because they "taste good?" I have a blessing & a cursing in my house. I only have 1 small mirror to do hair & make-up in. A blessing because I don't see how big I am every day; a cursing because when I do see myself in a big mirror & realize how big I've gotten I'm disgusted & saddened with myself that I've let myself go.
So I guess the elephant in the room is: HOW DO I GO ABOUT MAKING THE LIFE STYLE CHANGES I NEED, TO LOSE THE WEIGHT SO I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF AGAIN?
Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.
-Thelma

No comments: